Throw pillows are a common sight in almost every home. They are seen in various sizes and shapes and of course, in beautiful colors and prints as well. However, every homemaker is always looking for some way of making the interior decor of the home to look unique and more attractive than the rest. Though there are many ways of doing this, frequently changing your throw pillow covers is an effective way of bringing out the best in your home decor. Throw pillows are used everywhere, in the bedroom, living room, patio and in the garden as well. Wherever the pillows are used, there is always a wide choice of beautiful prints and colors, styles and shapes of throw pillow covers for you to choose.
What you should know about your throw pillows:
1. Besides being decorative, pillow covers also protect the family from certain allergies while at the same time, they protect the pillow from being stained from spills and also from pet hairs.
2. Before shopping for throw pillow covers, make sure you have the right size of your pillow, as stuffing a big sized pillow into a smaller pillow cover will not only destroy your pillow but will also make it look clumsy and ridiculous. These pillow covers are available in department stores and shops in your area and also for those online shoppers.
3. While shopping for covers for your throw pillows you should remember for what purpose you are buying the covers. If it is meant for the patio or the garden, then the soft material like velvet and silk will not serve the purpose. Instead you should think of something like leather or any other water resistant fabric. If it is for your living room or bedroom, then beautifully designed and brightly colored throw pillow covers will definitely liven up the place and make it feel comfortable to be in.
4. On the other hand, if you are endowed with the skill of sewing, then making your own pillow covers will be the best pleasure. You can use your own creativeness and design beautiful patterns, using one or more colored pieces of material to suit the interior decor of your home. You can choose from material like cotton, wool, satin, silk or even denim. You can do a bit of embroidery on the pillow covers using the cross stitch patterns.
5. Your family and friends will be surprised to see unique throw pillow covers in your home, since the designs that you sew on them will not be seen on the regular covers sold in the department stores. Most of the pillows are either circular, square or rectangular. If you are trying out different shapes, then along with pillow covers you can also make beautifully shaped pillows each time you want to give your home a new look.
Collect all your old silk, satin, denim and other graceful looking old clothes. Make use of these to stitch beautiful throw pillow covers using your own imagination and skill. You will become a very popular homemaker not only for your family members but also among your neighbors.